Xingren Xiang or Almond Fragrance is a Dancong Oolong, a style of Oolong well known for its huge variety of tastes and aromas. Its name very much so reflects the tea's dominant aroma, sweet almonds and delicate flowers greet the nose from the dry leaf. The taste is subtle, blending sweet nuttiness, gentle honey buttered toast, and a lingering finish of plumeria and orchid flowers. This is a Dancong Oolong that is nuanced and requires contemplation while drinking.
- ORIGIN: Lizaiping, Fenghuang, Chaozhou, Guangdong, China
- MEANING: Almond fragrance (xingren xiang)
- CULTIVAR: Shui Xian Xingren Xiang
- HARVEST TIME: April 10, 2017
- BACKING: Medium (3x 8 hours, 100°C)
- TASTE: Delicate, floral, nutty