Bai Mudan 2007
A soothing, comforting tea for overcast afternoons or late nights, the youthful crispness of fresh white tea has been transformed by more than a decade of ageing into more mature notes: clean straw, aged wood, and petrichor, tied together by an overtone of cacao, putting one in mind of rainy afternoons in a dry old attic, sipping on hot cocoa. Boasting a large amount of white-haired buds for Bai Mudan, the liquor is a pale orange, with a full mouthfeel, but it can easily be steeped lighter or heavier, according to the drinker’s preference.
- ORIGIN: Panxi, Fuding, Ningde, Fujian, China
- MEANING: White peony (bai mu dan)
- CULTIVAR: Fuding Da Bai Hao
- HARVEST TIME: Spring 2007
- TASTE: Cacao, liquorice, straw