Changxing Lu Cha
The village of Guzhu, in Changxing, has been producing green tea for over a thousand years, and this green tea, with its fruity, sweet-savoury flavour and pointed leaves, resembles its older sibling Guzhu Zi Sun. This tea, however, tips the balance in favour of savoury, with a body evoking vegetables, cooked rice, and a pleasant soybean nuttiness. An approachable and illustrative fine green tea, it rewards the rustic brewing style of topping up in a glass, releasing and developing its flavours quickly; an excellent choice for those who crave a stimulating green tea without too much coddling.
Compare with the more refined Guzhu Zi Sun, from the same tea farmer.
- ORIGIN: Changxing, Huzhou, Zhejiang, China
- MEANING: Green tea from Chanxing (Changxing lu cha)
- CULTIVAR: Jiu Keng Qun Ti Zhong
- HARVEST TIME: April 16, 2020
- TASTE: Vegetal, soya, fruity