This Biluochun-style tea from Changxing, also known as Luo Xing, is a good representative of the type: tightly curled leaves release a brothy, vegetal infusion, just barely suggestive of smoke. A very accessible and rewardingly flavourful introduction to fine Chinese greens, with a body of cooked green peas and top notes of tropical fruit.
- ORIGIN: Changxing, Huzhou, Zhejiang, China
- MEANING: Green spring snail (bi luo chun)
- CULTIVAR: Song Yang Zhe Nong 137
- HARVEST TIME: March 28, 2020
- TASTE: Brothy, cooked peas, tropical fruit